Want to get introduced to qualified eSports & gaming thought leaders, influencers, and investors?
Crowdcreate connects companies with the leading movers & shakers worldwide across multiple industries. Over the past 6 years, we’ve built a network of both accredited and institutional investors that can help grow your business.
FIVE.gg approached Crowdcreate with their project that works across the amateur ecosystem of eSports and gaming. FIVE.gg creates an ecosystem that is developed entirely for amateur gamers. Having spoken to thousands of investors over the years, Crowdcreate immediately knew there would be a strategic fit with investors across the entire gaming industry, and with established thought-leaders from different gaming conferences.
By The Numbers
- 1 Pitch Deck Created
- 3-Month Engagement with Crowdcreate
- Number Gaming/eSports investors and Gaming
- Conference Speakers researched: 939
- Email Open Rates: 82.5%
- Clicked rates: Clicked rate – 7.5%
- Responses: 5%
Notable Gaming/eSports investors and Gaming Conference Speakers Introduced to
- Keiretsu Capital
- SCCG Management
- Brickhouse Ventures
- Madrona Ventures Group
- RIISE Ventures
- Live Play Mobile
- Black Dog Venture Partners
- Action Ventures
- BLH Venture Partners
- CP Ventures
- Peninsula Lifestyle Capital
- Stage 1 Ventures
- GP Bullhound
- Griffin Gaming Partners
- Galaxy Interactive
- Simon Equity Partners
- Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment
- Elysian Park Ventures
- Makers Fund
- GFR Fund
- March Capital Partners
- Sixers Innovation Lab
Preparing Your Presentation and Connecting to Gaming Investors is challenging and extremely time consuming.
Five makes up a unique ecosystem that extends the power of global esports to local communities, players, retailers, and developers. How do you highlight all your features and present them to gaming/eSports investors, yet alone find the email address of the top gaming speakers who have lots of connections in the gaming world, and know how to reach out to them with something engaging and interesting.
Rather than hiring an in-house team of data researchers to manage, buying email lists that are extremely outdated or don’t work, or hiring a dedicated person to handle email outreach and responses. Rick Starr, which is the Founder of FIVE.gg, engaged with Crowdcreate to quickly identify qualified leads, connect with funds in the same space that the Client didn’t know existed, and help craft a easy-to-understand pitch deck for interested investors.
Leverage Crowdcreate’s data research team to find gaming/eSports investors, speakers from the top gaming conferences, & Crowdcreate’s content/analytics team to craft up a pitch deck.
How do you secure a meeting with a potential investor without overwhelming them with too much information about your project? It’s through a pitch deck. An investor pitch deck is a presentation that helps potential investors learn more about your project and is critical to help you secure funding.
FIVE.gg reached out to Crowdcreate to get help on making an investor pitch deck prior to starting their investor outreach campaign. The majority of these investors will always ask you for a pitch deck before even considering having a call to discuss your project. Crowdcreate helped FIVE.gg brainstorm, strategize, and create the pitch deck within 2~3 weeks.
Crowdcreate’s data research team also went through previous gaming investor and family office lists, lists of conference speakers and combined them all into a single database.
Crowdcreate also provided weekly strategy calls and feedback insights that helped Rick & FIVE.gg understand responses coming from our outreach campaign, and pivot as needed.
How does it work?
Build a Highly Targeted List of Gaming/eSports Investors, Private Equity and VC’s involved in gaming, and the top speakers from gaming conferences.
- Find investors/family offices that are actively investing.
Create an easy-to-understand Pitch Deck
“What do investors look for in a pitch deck? How many slides does it need to have?”
- These are just a few of the many questions that founders ask when creating an investor pitch deck. After carefully reviewing all the in’s and out’s of FIVE.gg, Crowdcreate started working on the deck and presented a draft to the client.
- Through our weekly progress calls, we helped advise and provide consultations based on FIVE.gg’s feedback for each slide.
- Highlight the market opportunity, which is the rise of gaming due to the pandemic
Share Pitch Deck to Potential Investors
- FIVE.gg is now prepared to pitch investors and attempt to get that funding. Crowdcreate helps manage the client’s inbox, shares the pitch deck for any potential investors, and help coordinate that very important meeting #1. Crowdcreate helps you become less busy and lets you focus on other important aspects of your business.
Leverage Existing Networks and Ask for Introductions
- This is the most important part of investor outreach. Most firms and or investors would prefer not to take cold email outreach, we tap into our networks and ask for soft introductions to people we want to talk to. Whether it’s portfolio companies, influencers, celebrities, or other investors, we try and find the best way to get introduced/open doors for your business.
Follow-up and make micro adjustments
- As the saying goes, the fortune is in the follow-up. Trust is built and maintained by many small actions over time. It’s not what people say they will do, but what they actually do.
- We handled all of the follow-ups to contacts we reached out to and managed their outreach inbox during this process.
- Iterate, iterate, iterate. Again, storytelling is important to get someone else’s attention.
FIVE.gg’s biggest struggle is finding someone who could help find gaming/eSports investors at scale and be able to highlight their features in the easiest way possible.
Finding the right people, reaching out to them, and crafting the storyboard are all challenging and time consuming. Crowdcreate helped FIVE.gg manage all these action items and accelerate this process. Crowdcreate conducts weekly progress meetings to make sure that we’re on the right track, that we deliver the right message, and that everything gets approved by the Client before anything gets sent out.
Crowdcreate has been hands-on with this campaign which ultimately helped achieve their goal of making an investor pitch deck and connecting with these gaming investors.